Hannah came downstairs today and announced that she was ready to have her ears pierced. My mom was in town this past weekend and had bought Rachel some new earrings. One pair happened to be butterflies. Hannah is crazy about butterflies. When she asked Rachel if she could borrow them, Rachel told her she couldn't because she didn't have pierced ears. So she decided it was time. Rachel had her ears pierced at 10 months. She was the first child and I had time to take care of her ears. P.K. and I decided with Hannah we would wait until she asked.
I am helping Hannah decide which earrings she would like to have. When I got my ears pierced about 20-25 years ago (that makes me sound really old), my choices were gold balls or silver balls. Her choices included birthstones, gold or silver balls of many different sizes, diamonds (real and not so real, actually the real ones weren't an option because I'm not buying her real diamonds) and the ones she chose which are flowers. Each petal is a different colored stone. I am showing her my diamonds in this picture. P.K. bought me diamond earrings several years ago and those are all I wear now.
Hannah is having her ears cleaned.
We took her favorite blanky. She is waiting patiently for the second employee. I had them do both ears at the same time.
Rachel told her if she made this face, it wouldn't hurt as much.
1...2...3...
She was so brave. Didn't even shed a tear. When we were leaving the mall she said she would remember this day forever and asked Aaron if he would write about it in his summer journal. Too precious.

7 comments:
Awwww, what a brave girl she is! I think that's amazing that she didn't even cry! Good for her. : ) And congrats on your successful jam making session. We had one of our own too! Hope to meet you someday in person. Until then...many blessings to you and your beautiful family.
Happi
Congratulations Miss Hannah!! I know Mackenzie will be asking me that dreaded question now. Ugh. I can't wait to see your pretty earrings this week! (Don't forget to turn them.) :-)
She may not have cried but I did!! Ouch!! Chris S.
She's so grown up! So far neither of the girls have asked, so I'm not even sure what I would do! I'm not sure I'd be as brave as Hannah watching them do it!
Is it just me or does she look a lot like Aaron with Rachel's hair?
That is so amazing that you have pictures to document every step of her journey to getting her ears pierced! I wish I had that. We waited until Jalyn asked, and begged until we did - and the little lady was only 3! (almost 4)
She sure was brave, because I think I wanted to cry when I got mine pierced. I had them done 3 times - once in kindergarten, they hurt so much I made my mom take them out - so they closed up. Then again in 6th grade - I was so nervous that after I did it, I went home and threw up! Then for some crazy reason, about 8 yrs ago, I got a second hole (I do not recommend this) and OUCH! I cringe everytime I see a baby or child in that chair about to have them pierced. I'm not very tough!
Too cute.
Allison was amazed, but thank goodness she did not express any interest in getting it done! I think I'm going to pull the "I had to wait until I was 13 so you do too" card. We'll see what happens once she starts school.
Did I tell you that thanks to Rachel Allison is obsessed with Hannah Montana? Thanks.
SOOOO cute!!!!! #1 & #2 will be so jealous. :) Did I tell you that a couple of weeks ago, #1bought herself some magnetic earrings that look just like real little post earrings? When we met daddy for dinner, he just looked at her and very quietly said, "Do they hurt?" He was quite relieved when he found out that they weren't real. I think he would have gone postal on me if he's found out they were real. Oh well, eczema is going to prevent the kids in our house from getting any piercings for several more years at this rate. I can't wait to see them in sweet little earrings like Hannah's!
Post a Comment