Aaron had a visit from one of his best friends. Coleman's sister is visiting colleges and William and Mary is on her list. Her mom asked me weeks ago if we would be able to get together when Tad brought Allison to visit the school. Sarah couldn't come as she had to work, but we could not pass up the opportunity to see the rest of the family if they were going to be so close.
I thought about letting Aaron be surprised when Coleman showed up at our house, but they were only going to be able to have dinner with us and visit for a couple of hours. I wanted Aaron to be prepared for the fact that the visit would be short.
When their car pulled into the driveway, Aaron ran outside in his sock feet. Coleman jumped out of the car and they gave each other a huge bear hug. I had to fight back tears.
I later found out that Coleman was so excited when he found out he was going to be able to visit with Aaron that he cried.
We were sad that the visit was so short and it made us homesick for Georgia, but we were so thankful they made the time to see us while they were nearby.

0 comments:
Post a Comment