Rachel's school does a morning "news" program that is broadcast into the classrooms. Their news announcements pertain to the school and the weather. Each week different kids are given the chance to participate. Rachel was chosen to be the weather girl last week. She had to read her lines, but they actually are put on a screen in front of them so it really looks like they are professionals. She had to ad lib for the lost and found item. P.K., Hannah and I went to watch her in action one morning. That morning the lost and found item was a red Adidas jacket. You should have seen this girl in action. She started to put her hand on her hip when she was showing the jacket as if to say, "Your gonna be in trouble when your mom finds out you lost this" but she caught herself. We are so proud of her!
The backdrop is modeled after the peacock on NBC. It was painted in rainbow colors. I guess they switched to blue for winter.
Rachel amazes me with her self confidence. She is not afraid to get out there and try something new. She does not get that from the momma.

4 comments:
I love it! I hope she never loses that confidence!
I wish I could have been like that! I would rather (nearly die) - as a kid, rather than get in front of anyone! Jalyn is better than me about this, but not a whole lot. She looked at this post with me and said, "THEY GET TO WEAR WHAT THEY WANT!! NO FAIR!!" Poor child. Maybe we will move someplace where they don't have to wear uniforms one day - then it will be Poor Mom and Dad!
How fun! I love that idea-maybe she's found her calling for her future career?
I'm praying she doesn't lose that during adolescece! Lol, I do have to tell you thatit may run in the family. My first principal told me that I had too much self confidence! (She was right, and pride does goeth before the fall!) :)
Post a Comment