Hannah's school had "Dress Like A Farmer Day" today. She tilts her head every time we try to take her picture. Rachel and Aaron do it to. She made sure to tell me that she didn't want to look like a cowboy. I tried to find a John Deere hat, but my efforts were fruitless. It must be more of a Midwest thing.
I thought I would share the conversation we had in the car on the way to school.
This may be girl talk, but I think my husband and my dad are the only guys who read my blog.
Hannah: I like these kind of pants I am wearing. I know what they are called.
Jody: You do. What?
Hannah: A bra.
Jody: (Trying not to chuckle because Hannah gets very mad if she thinks you are laughing at her.) Oh, no. Those are called Bib...Ov..er...Alls (I could just see her getting to school and telling her teacher to look at her bra.)
Hannah: Oh, yeah. Bib overalls. I know what a bra is.
Jody: You do.
Hannah: Yes. When you are a grown up you wear it on the bumps you get.
Great. Her teacher is in for quite a day.

5 comments:
Jody, that is so funny and cute! Her comments and her outfit! Out of the mouth of babes!
You've just GOTTA love that girl. ;) She looked adorable, but the comments are even better.
Lovin' it...
*sigh. That's what you get for raising your kids as Yankees. :) Her grandapa Stoneberger is probably rolling over in his grave.
P.S. I can't believe you couldn't find a John Deere cap. Those are totally a southern thing. You must just be around some citified folk. :) Here in Johnson City, that's what you wear for going' out to a fancy dinner.
ROFL! That's great-definitely a keeper for the baby book or journal. I anticipate that'll be a great one to pull out when you guys are around the dinner table many many years from now-reminiscing about the funny things the kids said while their significant others are seated at the table as well!
Post a Comment